Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Plants came home

Today my plants came home.
I've been working in a basement room at the library. A walkout glass double door for staff and deliveries, which I had the good fortune to sit near, gave light in addition to the overhead fluorescents. Over the years several plants accumulated around my area and thrived, much to my surprise.
I've never had much of a green thumb, but the plants weren't told about that, they just liked the atmosphere. They received many compliments, which they seemed to appreciate by putting out new leaves and occasional blooms. Many cuttings were taken by passers by.
Returning after eight days into retirement, my coworkers greeted me warmly and helped load my car for the trip home. The last part of Me has now vacated.
Hopefully they will adjust to their new home. A flat surface in the dining room near a large east window was prepared, they all got a good drink of water and settled in. Hopefully they won't be too lonely for all the attention.

Hopefully, I won't either.

ShirleyJo

No comments:

Post a Comment