Thursday, August 18, 2011

Houston

Travel is exhausting!
My son and daughter-in-law gave me a wonderful retirement gift, a plane ticket to visit them and their new baby, Kathryn, in Houston. It was great to see them, especially baby Kate. She is seven weeks old and beautiful and brilliant, of course! Perfect size for cuddling, singing and reading to. She loved my silly songs and the Georgette Heyer mystery I took for the plane trip.
If you saw an overweight grey haired woman in a tie-dye shirt running through the Atlanta airport with a little red carry-on bag wheeling along behind her, that was me. Only I don't run, more like fast waddleing. Made it to my connecting flight with 5 minutes to spare! Only took about 15 minutes to catch my breath.
It really was a great trip, but is good to be home. Almost finished all the chores, tomorrow back to my Creation Room!
ShirleyJo

No comments:

Post a Comment