Thursday, August 18, 2011

A New Day

Well, here goes one of my projects! I've been retired for a little over a week, so far loving every minute! My coworkers gave me a wonderful send-off, my family has been very supportive, I'm rested and relaxed and ready to take the Next Step!
My sewing, craft room (crap room as my husband calls it) is a bigger mess than when I started, but it always gets worse before it gets better, right?
Working on gifts for some very good friends, hope they won't just think they are junk. Brought home some old 'throw-away' books before I left the library. Using them to make fun crafty stuff. Would like to think I'm an artist, but crafter is better description. Maybe someday it will be considered Outsider Art! Whatever, I am having a great time doing it and thinking of the friends I'm making it for. They will ooh and ah over it because they love me whether they like it or not, and they will be envious that I'm retired and have the time to do this.
Tomorrow, I'm going back early, before it gets too hot, to pick up the plants I left there. I hope they aren't getting along too well without me, but I'm sure they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment