Saturday, September 10, 2011

Getting Crafty

While working at the library, many donations came in every week or so. Some were moldy or dusty from being in garages and basements for years. Most of those had to be discarded.
Some were really outdated, old computer books, solar system books that still have Pluto as a planet, etc.
Some were added to the collection, a great set of quilting books from a local quilter.
Some were sent to a company that sells used books online, then sends money to library.
Occasionally we received something valuable, usually not.
Just before I retired we had several boxes of old books that looked really interesting. A hundred years old, or older. Not any great value, but beautiful bindings and pictures, and perfectly yellowed pages.
I left a donation to Friends of the Library, and brought home the falling apart leftovers.
These are great resources for craft or art projects. Picture above is a gift I created for one of my coworkers. Not completely original, I have been searching websites and blogs for ideas, and thanks to the creative skills of others, and their willingness to share, I have many hours of fun ahead.
I'll post more later as I complete them.
Hoping to get to the state fair this week.

ShirleyJo

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. I just picked up an arm load of free books at our local used book store. I use the covers for all kinds of things.

    Good luck with your next step ... Kick up your heels :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful gift you've created!
    Wish you a Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete